Female Youth Worker CampaignI want to make an impact in the lives of young women.
Australia has some challenges in regards to our caring for our youth.
- I in 4 young Australians are struggling with mental health.
- 1 in 10 young people aged between 12 and 17 years of age will self harm.
- 1 in 13 young Australians will seriously consider a suicide attempt.
- 1 in 40 young Australians will attempt suicide.
- 75% of mental health problems will occur before the age of 25.
- 1 in every 3 girls and 5 boys will experience sexual assault.
These figures are mirrored in our work with youth and our youth programs.
At the end of 2020 we conducted a survey with the youth we are in connection with.
We then went a little deeper trying to discover if there were different experiences for girls.
Data confirmed what we were experiencing on the ground.
We need female youth workers to walk alongside of our young girls, providing support, and championing their future.
By supporting gender equity you are impacting the future of 50 young girls.I want to make an impact in the lives of young girls.