Date(s) - 28/06/2019
12:00 am - 9:00 pm
Date Night is all about You.
It is about creating a night where you can spend time with the one you love or with friends you haven’t caught up with for a long time.
“I’ve watched how something truly as simple as a beautiful table and a lot of good food can make the most amazing friendships.”
There are many reasons why we find it hard to make time with the one we love or even with friends we care about:
- Life is busy and full;
- You are constantly tired;
- You can’t find child care for the children;
- Child care + a night out is out of our budget;
- Cooking and entertaining isn’t something we are good at;
- Life is simply too hard;
- I often feel frazzled enough without adding one more thing to life.
But here are the things I know when we sit at the table and connect with the one I love or with friends I care about I:
- Feel heard and seen;
- Laugh and giggle out loud;
- Feel a human being again and not just a mum or a dad;
- Have adult conversations and can finish a conversation;
- Have a good time and feel connected;
- Feel loved and cared for;
- My love tank is filled up;
- The world seems a better place.
We have been doing Date Night for over 6 years now and every night we see a difference in people from when they come in to when they leave. The tension has gone. They are lighter, more connected with themselves and with each other.
How Does it Work?
This month we have our beautiful Chocolate Fiesta which is a set menu for $40
Choose 1 from each Course.
Chicken mole Or Atlantic salmon in white chocolate sauce
Lamb in chocolate coffee sauce Or Mexican chocolate risotto
Nutella filled chocolate ravioli Or White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
Mains- Sliced steak with sweet potato fries with savoury chocolate dipping sauce
Dessert- Chocolate pizza
Cost for a kids main and dessert is $12.
Children can join parents for a meal or they can have their meal with the child care in Kids Paradise.
What Happens with the Children?
Date Night, Tailrace Community Church Volunteers provide child care from 6pm – 9pm in Kids Paradise.
Structure of what happens for children aged 0 – Grades 5:
- Free Play
- Dinner for the children
- Story time (We choose stories based on fun and values which will encourage love and kindness)
- Pick Up when you’re ready to leave
All volunteers have years of experience working with children and they all have their working with vulnerable people cards. They are trained and equipped to care for your children.
Grades 6 and upwards are invited to join our Youth Group Activities for the night.
This is crazy fun!
Who knows what will be happening on any given week except for crazy fun.